Hello and welcome back! I have made these cute little treat packages using the new Yummy Little Christmas set from the new holiday catalogue along with a couple of other fun sets. These were inspired by this week's Global Design Project #51 - where the theme is Food! What a fun theme it is too and the Yummy Little Christmas set is just perfect especially for the holidays - "The most decadent time of the year!" hehe.
Please check out all the tantalising card designs by the creative design team and hopefully you'll be inspired to create and join in the fun. Click here to take you there. :)
Here's an assortment of what I have created...
Yummy Little Christmas card and Baker's box
I just love the imagery in Yummy Little Christmas of the utensils in the shape of a star/snowflake as well as the gorgeous fonts and sentiments.
• Utensils stamped in Pool Party. Pool Party strip with sentiments white heat embossed.
• I have used the cupcake from Sweet Cupcake for the food imagery and have added Clear Wink of Stella glitter on top for shimmer.
• I have also used the layering circles dies that the cupcake is mounted on.
• The pink and white polka dot patterned paper is from Pop of Pink specialty dsp.
• The little tag is from the Cupcake Cutouts Framelits dies and have used the "Indulge a little" sentiment from Yummy Little Christmas.
Baker's Box - Cupcake
• All the images and sentiments on the box are from Yummy Little Christmas and cupcake from Sweet Cupcake set.
• I have cut out a window using the dies from Baker's box thinlits and stamped the sentiment in black Stazon ink on a window sheet.
• I have placed the cupcake inside propped up, as a suggestion of what could be inside.
• The Baker's box is tied with Pool Party stitched satin ribbon and have added a tag label from Baker's Box thinlits in Pool Party cardstock.
• The sentiment has been white heat embossed and is from Yummy Little Christmas.
I so agree with the sentiment from Yummy Little Christmas and what a great font combination. The utensils in the star/snowflake shape looks great and just give that Christmas appeal - perfect for custom backgrounds too. :)
I also created these cute sets for fun and experimentation, as I recently purchased the Cutie Pie thinlits available in the annual catalogue and they are just awesome. When you stand them up they look like Christmas trees. This lead me to use the new Twinkle Trees set from the new holiday catalogue and the shape of the trees is just the perfect size and matches the triangular framelits that creates the windows. They are stylised Christmas trees/cakes as well as treat boxes with a shaker element.
The stylised Christmas trees have been gold heat embossed including the star. I have used Crumb Cake cardstock and have used both white heat embossing and Whisper White Craft Stampin' ink for the imagery from Yummy Little Christmas. The white craft ink is better time wise, especially if you're making a lot.
Ribbons help to close up and secure the packages and I have used:
• Gold 1/4" natural trim
• Tip Top Taupe 5/8" mini striped ribbon
The shaker window I have used the gold and white sequins from Metallics sequina assortment and the new gold Mica Flakes Trio Pack.
Here they are standing up - Perfect Christmas tree decorations. :)
Imagine creating a whole cake with these? - Makes the best handmade unique gift treat packaging!
I hope you have enjoyed these treat packaging and found inspiration. You can purchase these products on my online store and they all compliment each other so well. By combining them adds so much more interest and creativity and can get more out of the sets.
Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. Cheers! :)
• Yummy Little Christmas Clear Mount - 142131
• Sweet Cupcake Photopolymer Bundle - 142232
• Baker's Box Thinlits Dies - 138279
• Cutie Pie Thinlits Dies - 138273
• Gold 1/4" (6.4 mm) Natural Trim - 141484
• Tip Top Taupe 5/8" (1.6 cm) Mini Striped Ribbon - 141432
• Mica Flakes Trio Pack - 141998
• Metallics Sequin Assortment - 138390
Click here to visit my online store.