Hello and welcome back! Today's card features the new Frosted Medallions set from the Holiday Catalogue. I love this set for its gorgeous medallions and it's themed around 'Happy New Year' with great accompanying sentiments. The medallions alone can be used a decorative feature on any card and not just for Happy New Year. I have used, 'The best is yet to come' sentiment and is perfect for an encouragement card.
I have also decided to use this set for the Global Design Project #GDP049 - Colour Challenge. Make sure to check out all the creative projects from the design team and hope you will join in the fun! The colours are Pear Pizzazz, Flirty Flamingo and Daffodil Delight. The colours are bright and summery, and used with these medallions is reminiscent of a tie dye batik print shirts lol.
To create this card:
• I have used Basic Black card stock and it's an A2 side folding landscape.
• The front panel is Whisper White cardstock trimmed to have a 2mm gap around the edges.
• I have used the main medallion image from the set and has been white heat embossed.
• Make sure to prep the surface first using an embossing buddy or an anti static powder applicator.
• I have used ink blending for the colours by using a mini round blending tool applicator.
• I found this to be the best technique for this large filled in image, and gives the best crisp impresson on smooth cardstock as oppose to textured paper such as watercolour paper.
• The white embossed areas just resists the ink as you apply it and can be wiped off in the end.
• The sentiment has been white heat embossed on basic black cardstock and I have cut a fish tail end. It's then mounted on with Stampin' dimnesionals.
• I have applied the same elements from the front to the inside of the card with just having a border on the side.
• I have stamped the sentiment, "Wishing you the happiest of days" from the set in black Stazon ink.
Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. Cheers!
Stamp set used:
• Frosted Medallions (Clear mount) - 142189