Thursday 16 November 2017

The Sassy Club - Magical Pals and Wizards. Crafty Friends are the best friends!


Hello and welcome! I finally received my long awaited new stamps from The Sassy Club featuring the Magical Pals and Wizard sets as part of their October release. I love anything Harry Potter and when I saw these sets, I just had to get them! Dobby is included which is a bonus! 

It was definitely worth the shipping from the US and very good customer service. Sandra the owner of the Sassy Club is such an amazing artist and has a YouTube channel that you can check out  and see all her creativity and stamp sets.


Here is the card I made using both sets. I knew from the moment I saw these sets, that I wanted to make an explosion of colour with the spell book image opened up. I have used Brusho Crystal colours for the watercolour background and love the effects that this vibrant medium creates. You only need to use a small amount and achieve such dramatic results. I also did a bit of ink smooshing to create the layers. Heat drying between each new colour is also good so to prevent them all mixing together and turning brown lol. 


The images have all been coloured in Copics and have practiced colouring the hair. Colouring using strokes makes it look more realistic rather than just simple shading and tends to look flat in the end. 

This set has a coordinating dies available and have used it to cut out the images. The only images without the dies are the open spell book, the feather ink and the choosing hat as are pretty easy to cut out by hand. I chose to have them die cut to make it easier to play around the desired scene and once happy, I mounted them with foam dimensionals to make them all pop from the background.

The white heat embossed sentiment used is not actually from the set and is from Altenew's Crafty Friends set. The font and size is perfect to fit in the space and compliments the group being best friends and also crafty! in terms of spell crafting hehe.  The sentiment is white heat embossed 




For added shine, I have added glossy accents to Harry Potter's glasses and ink glass, Clear Wink of Stella on the magical items including Dobby and sparkling sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Love using the large Stitched rectangle stackable die from Lawn Fawn just to give a finishing border to the card and makes all the card sizing consistent with A2.


I hope you have enjoyed and found inspiration. I was so glad how it turned out and love how Dobby is featured in this set - just pure magic and yet so humble! :) Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time - Happy Crafting! :) 





1 comment:

  1. I know this is a very old blog post of yours but I wanted to tell you anyways, I absolutely LOVE this card! Its perfect in every single way! I adore Harry Potter and this is a perfect presentation of the golden trio and Dobby! Even love the addition of Hedwig!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)