Hello and welcome back! I'm having so much fun with the new Jar of Love bundle and have decided to make a shaker card using the Jar image and coordinating framelits. I was influenced by the sample in the new catalogue on page 74. of the shaker card using this set and wanted to give it a go and add my own take on it. As for the layout, I thought I would join the fun once again with Pals Paper Arts. This week is a Sketch challenge by Lisa Ann Beard PPA034. The sketch challenge greatly helped in creating this card to give some direction. Here is the sketch image for Pal Paper Arts PPA034:
|PPA304 – A Sketch by Lisa Ann Bernard|
This is my card using the sketch layout from Pals Paper Arts. The front panel with the Jar is a shaker card and the little hearts were created from the coordinating Everyday Jar framelits in the bundle. I have added some gold sequins hearts from the metallic sequins assortment pack. Main colours used are: Flirty Flamingo, White and Gold - embossing and gold foil sheet. Vellum just adds a softness and translucent quality.
|Elements of card pre-assembly stage|
• The sentiment has been stamped on a window sheet with black Stazon ink.
• Jar image in the back panel is stamped in Smoky Slate.
• Jar window is created by die cutting using the matching Jar framelits with the Big Shot machine along with the hearts confetti and the jar lid that has been gold heat embossed.
• I have used fun foam strip to mount the layers and house the confettin inside.
• The gold hearts inside the jar have been glued in place so it stands out rather than all fall on the bottoom.
• The decoration on the jar lid is a vellum leaf that has been die cut with the matching leaf frame from the set.
• The pink flower is from Sunshine Wishes dies.
• The vellum heart is created using the Sweetheart punch and the sentiment is from Jar of Love and has been stamped with black Stazon ink.
Background artwork panel:
• I have done a ink sponging with a mini blending tool using Flirty Flamingo on whisper white card stock. It gives a nice colour gradient finish.
• The splatter image is from "Swirly Bird" set and I have white heat embossed this to give an interest in the background. This has also been applied to the Jar shaker card panel.
• The oultined sketchy heart shape is from Sunshine Wishes dies.
• I have added a few clear sequins just for added interest and texture on the background.
Inside the card:
• The same artwork rendering/elements on the card front has been done on the inside of the card with the die cut heart.
• I have stamped another sentiment from the Jar of Love set on the vellum heart and added a black strip with white heat embossing for contrast. "Bless Your Heart - Friend".
|Inside of card|
|Inside of card|
Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. Cheers! :)
• Jar of Love (Photopolymer) - 141587
• Everyday Jars Framelits Dies - 141490
• Sunshine Wishes Dies - 141489
• Swirly Bird (Photopolymer) - 141749
• Flirty Flamingo cardstock and ink
• Gold foil sheet - 132622
Click here to visit my online store.