Hello and welcome back! It's another exciting challenge over at the Global Design Project and this week is Case the Designer - the super talented Shawn De Oliveira! His work is amazing and love his cards especially the one we're CASEing above. To CASE means to 'Copy and Selectively Edit' their card design. I have taken the same stamp set and the linen thread embellishment from Shawn's gorgeous card and made my own vintage version. :)
I just love the Butterfly Basics and watercolouring truly compliments this set. The flower and leaf is just divine and creates a lovely floral background.
How I made my card:
• I have used Arches watercolor paper.
• After prepping the surface with an anti static tool, I have stamped the flower and leaf with VersaMark and white heat embossed it and placed it to best advantage framing the panel.
• The watercolors used are the Zig Kuretaki Gansai Tambi watercolors, in purple hues to burgundy, green and brown.
• Each colour has been applied separately by heat drying so that the colors don't mix. Adding more colors on top so it doesn't look so flat.
• The white heat embossing is perfect as it resists the ink and contains each colour and gives a great look. Makes it look like you've done a lot with minimal effort. :)
• I have then added the splatter image from Swirly Bird set for the ink splatter look and added interest in the background. This has been white heat embossed.
• I have stamped the sentiment with Perfect Plum ink and have used the Tags and Labels framelits for the tag.
• The linen thread embellishment was the perfect place to add the sentiment.
• The little butterfly has been stamped tone on tone in Perfect Plum ink and cardstock and has been punched out using the Bitty Butterfly punch.
|WHITE HEAT EMBOSSED, INK RESIST - WATERCOLORING|
Here is my completed card:
|INSIDE THE CARD|
|INSIDE THE CARD|
Inside the card: The same elements have been applied though a lot more subtle for space to write.
The sentiment has been stamped with Elegant Eggplant.
I hope you have enjoyed my card and have been inspired. I have listed the supplies below if you would like to create this card. For more inspirations, please head on over to Global Design Project and see the creative projects for the Case the designer challenge. Hopefully you will join the fun too. :)
Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. Cheers! :)
• Butterfly Basics (Photopolymer) - 137154
• Bitty Butterfly Punch - 129406
• Tags & Labels Framelits - 138282
• White Stampin' Emboss Powder - 109132
• VersaMark - 102283
• Embossing Buddy - 103083
• Watercolor Paper - 122959
• Elegant Eggplant Ink - 126969
• Perfect Plum Ink - 126963
• Perfect Plum A4 cardstock - 108615
• Whisper White A4 cardstock - 106549
Click here to visit my online store.