Friday 13 May 2016

Going Global... Out of this world!








Hello! I have been inspired this week by What Will You Stamp Weekly Challenge and the Retiring Products International Blog Hop. Here, I'm showcasing the wonderful Going Places suite from the Occasions catalogue. It's so sad that it's retiring and it's such a great set and just love the dsp - especially great  for male cards.

I have chosen to do five examples to show each of the sentiments from the set and to coordinate with a suitable dsp. 

 Going Places suite of products I have used:

• Going Global Clear Mount • 140748
• Going Places designer series paper stack • 140581
• Going Places cardstock pack • 140721
• World Traveler Textures Impressions Embossing Folder

Coordinating products:

• 2" Circle Punch • 133782
• Sweetheart Punch • 133786
• Large Numbers Framelits Dies • 140622






I Thank My Lucky Stars For You

This card features a shaker star element thanks to the great sentiment and is an A2 landscape side folding card. Going Places dsp has been used for the background and the gold starry design goes well with the star die cut from Stars framelits dies. I have also die cut the star out of the Going Places dsp and the black makes it pop and I have nested them to create a star frame. The sentiment has been stamped on a window sheet using StazOn black ink. The base of the star is dazzling diamonds glimmer paper to give it that glittery sparkle. The shaker elements are the metallics sequins and have only used silver so that the sentiment can still be seen and emphasises the lucky stars. :)  The vellum rays as been created using the Sunburst Thinlits die and just makes the star shine brightly :) 






World's Best Dad

This is another A2 landscape side folding card in Very Vanilla cardstock. I have used the wonderful World Traveler textured embossing folder using Lost lagoon cardstock. To create the look I have sponged the embossing folder in lost lagoon ink using a blending tool on the debossed side where the logos are printed and ran that through the Big Shot. I have also sponged the edges in Lost Lagoon to give it more definition. Behind that is the Going Places dsp in the coordinating colours and has that beautiful marbled effect.

The compass has been gold heat embossed on vellum and I have used  the Starburst framelits dies as an alternative, but you could use a 2" circle punch that coordinates with this set. The sentiment has been stamped on Very Vanilla card stock in Night of Navy and die cut using the banner from Large Numbers framelits dies. A strip of the Going Places dsp has, a left over from the previous card to gives a pop of gold colour. These has been mounted on using Stampin' dimensionals.







I'm Lost Without You

This is an A2 top folding portrait card in Sahara Sand cardstock. I have mainly used the Going Places dsp and isn't just gorgeous in that antique black reverse world map? I have mounted this panel on fun foam for an even raise and cut a bit shorter to show a strip of  the compass pattern from Going Places dsp. The compass has been gold heat embossed on Very Vanilla and die cut using the Starburst framelits dies. The sentiments has been stamped using Early Espresso ink on Sahara Sand cardstock and die cut banner from Large Numbers framelits dies. I have looped the gold metallic thread loosely to create the cute loops to go with the sentiments sense of being lost lol.






You Mean The World To Me

This is an A2 top folding portrait card in Sahara Sand cardstock. I love this sentiment and kept it very simple just using the gorgeous Going Places dsp of the star constellations, it makes a great backdrop to place the Earth image. I have stamped this with Mossy Meadow on Very Vanilla cardstock and then re-stamped it in Versamark and clear heat embossed it. By doing  this I created an ink resist to protect the that image and able to come in an add colour over the top. I have used Tempting Turquoise using an aqua painter brush and a blending tool to sponge the colours around the edges. I have raised this using fun foam underneath. The sentiment has been white heat embossed on Melon Mambo cardstock. The heart shape has been created using coordinating Sweetheart punch. This has been raised using stampin' dimensional and I have added two layers to make it higher than the globe/Earth.






 

Love Knows No Distance

This card used the Circle Card thinlits die - a flip card in Lost Lagoon cardstock. This card is pretty straight forward and love making it. It uses the Going Places dsp and wanted to use similar colours to match the base card colour of Lost Lagoon. Aren't they just beautiful and coordinate so well. The sentiment has been stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock with Mossy Meadow ink. I have then used the 2" circle punch to cut it out. The base circles has been punch out with the 2.5" circle punch in Sahara Sand.

This is how card looks as you open it up...








Inside of the card I have used the last sentiment in the set, "You are my greatest adventure", and have used the coordinating Sweetheart punch to cut it out. Loops of gold thread has been added in the back as an embellishment. I decided to used the same heart again and did the reverse effect and just showed the gold starry dsp that was left over. Underneath that is the constellation image from the set and I have gold heat embossed that on a panel of Very Vanilla. There is a space on the top to write in a personal message. 

I had so much fun using this awesome set and I hope you have enjoyed my card project and have inspired you to give this set a go. It goes very far and can go well with other stamp sets. This set will retired on 31 May or while stocks lasts so be sure to place your order before it's gone for good.

I have entered these cards in What Will You Stamp challenge as it's the featured stamp set as well the Crazy Crafters Team Project Highlights. 

Please click on the headers below to visit the sites and see the wonderful projects made for more inspirations. :)





Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. Cheers! :)

21 comments:

  1. Each one is a work of beuty Juan, but if I had to pick a fave I am going to pick 2...the circle thinlits and the star shaker. I definitely have a creative girly crush on you lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you so much Kim. You're too sweet hehe. Those two have that fun element and works so well with this suite. :)

      Delete
  2. Your cards are awesome Juana, you are doing so well. An absolute delight to have you on my team. Angexxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ange. Love SU products as they always turn out so well. So happy and lucky to be part of your team. :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. LOVE these Juana! Congrats on fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nanette. The suite and designs made it easy to create. :)

      Delete
  4. I love all of these Juana, I can't pick a favourite. As always your creations are inspiring. Thanks for playing along with us at WWYS this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue. Wanted to show them as a whole for more impact. Thank you for hosting such a great event, it's and inspiration and a pleasure to join. :)

      Delete
  5. I love everything you make and I know I tell you that ever time. I especially love the flip card!! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Satomi. I'm so glad you love them and I greatly appreciate your lovely compliments. It inspires me to create even more. Love your work too! :)

      Delete
  6. You always make such creative and beautiful cards - and these are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stephanie - I greatly appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  7. You are making some awesome stuff Juana! I love the set you made with Going Global.
    You are so talented. Keep crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caroline. So glad you love them, it's such a fun set! Absolutely, it's my happy place. :)

      Delete
  8. Your happiness shines through in everything you create Juan. What an awesome array of cards! Love 'em all! Thanks for joining in the fun over at WWYS this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gail - means a lot. You're most welcome and enjoyed taking part, it's such an inspiration! :)

      Delete
  9. These are all wonderful!! Great job with this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great set! Love the You Mean the World to me one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessie. The images just go hand in hand and a great way to represent it. :)

      Delete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)