Hello! Happy Friday! I thought I would make the card pictured above for both the Global Design Project and Crazy Crafters Team Project Highlights. This week's Global Design Project is "Case the Designer Challenge" - Copy And Selectively Edit - Krista Frattin. Her beautiful card is on the banner below. I admire Krista's work, she's on the Artisan Design Team and love her beautiful style. Please click on the banner below to see the many wonderful creations from around the world. Hopefully you'll also be inspired and join in the fun. :)
I have taken the soft pastel colours and white space to create my whimsical style card inspired by Krista. I have used three stamp sets to achieve this look.
• Nice Cuppa - tea cup framelit die, heart and sentiment inside card
• Butterfly Basics - Flower
• Work of Art - Just for You sentiment and brush strokes on the tea cup
It is with such regret that the Nice Cuppa set and Decorative Stripes mask are both retiring and thought I would showcase them before the final curtain falls. I have made a side folding landscape format and have carried the front design to the inside of the card showing the cute play on word sentiment "You're Tea-riffic" with a tea bag label silver heat embossed on vellum.
Here is how I made the card:
• Stamp the flower image from Butterfly Basics and I have used Molotow Art masking fluid it's in a pen form, to mask before stamping the image over it.
• When all the images have been stamped and masked with masking fluid, I have used the Stripes decorative mask over the top as pictured and taped it down.
• I have then used my blending applicator tool - sponge dauber to apply the ink colour. Start lightly and work from the centre out. You gradually spread the colour and lightly spreading it following the stencil.
• This is the finished application with stripe stencil/mask. I then rub out the masking fluid to reveal the stamped images.
Here is the finish card once again. I have silver heat embossed the hearts from the Nice cuppa set and embellished it with some white and clear sequins. They're almost like miniature contact lenses and can be hard to see hehe, but having them placed randomly is in the style of Krista Frattin don't you think? :) It's sad that the nice cuppa set is retiring on 31st May, so don't forget to place your order before it's gone forever.
For more wonderful creations please click on the header below to see our team's creations. You get to vote for your favourite cards. :) Thank you so much for the votes last week, as my card had the highest votes. It's greatly appreciated! Hope you like this card too. :)
Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see you next time! Cheers :)
• Work Of Art Clear-Mount Stamp Set • 134114
• Butterfly Basics Photopolymer Stamp Set • 137154
• Soft Sky Classic Stampin' Pad • 131181
• Sponge Daubers • 133773
• Molotow Grafx Art Masking Fluid Pump Marker
Retiring Products - Watch out for the discounts!
• A Nice Cuppa Photopolymer Stamp Set • 140683
• Cups & Kettle Framelits DieS •140624
• Dots & Stripes Decorative Masks • 133775
Click here to visit my online store. :)