Sunday 20 March 2016

Celebrate You - Birthday Blooms - CASE Allison Okamitsu





Hello everybody, I'm so excited to take part in this month's Crazy Crafters Blog Hop as we're CASE-ing the multi talented Allison Okamitsu, our special guest. I just love all her work! they're all so beautiful and amazing. The gorgeous card above is the card I have CASE'd for this blog hop. CASE is an acronym and means to Copy And Share Everything.  Her card is so pretty and love the way it's been presented and especially love the stamp set used, Birthday Blooms which is in the new Occasions catalogue.

Here is the card I created. I have used the thinlits circle card with an additional flap so that it opens out like in Allison's envelope card with a belly band. I love the colour pallet and softness of Allison's card and how she has used watercolour, my all time favourite medium to work with. The flower images have been stamped with Stayzon ink on watercolour paper and watercoloured in with Stampin' Up refill inks in Melon Mambo, Bermuda bay and Pear Pizzaz creating a blended soft wash with bermuda bay - turquoise. I have used the coordinating Birthday Bouquet designer series paper with the white tiny dots on mint macaron for the front panel.







The belly band has been created using thick vellum and used the cute frame from Tags and labels framelit dies. The smaller flowers are from Birthday Blooms stamp set and have been watercoloured. The sentiment "Celebrate You" is from Suite Sayings stamp set.

I have also appropriated Allison's clever used to white emboss on black the sentiments 'Friend", Happiest of Birthdays To You and have applied it to 'YOU' in Celebrate You.
As you open the card it opens up like a screen with the cascading blooms in the soft watercolouring. The tiny dots accents are also from the Birthday blooms.  To follow Allison's card I have also added the baker's twine bow on the front and this is from the Occasions catalog and coordinates well with the mint macaron dsp. I hope you like  the card and that celebrates the beauty of Allison's gorgeous card. 

All items I have used are from the Occasions catalogue and any purchase over $90 will earn you a FREE product in Sale-A-Bration which ends soon, so place your order in now so you don't miss out on this great special. Please send me a message if you have any queries or would like help to place an order. Thanks. :) 


The products used:

• Birthday Blooms
• Suite Sayings
• Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper
• Thinlits Circle Card
• Stampin' Up! Ink refills, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzaz and Bermuda Bay
• Stayzon Ink
• White emboss powder
• Versamark
• Watercolour paper
• Vellum
• Basic Black card
• Whisper White Thick card stock
• Baker's Twine combo pack


Please take a look at the list below from fellow Crazy Crafters who have CASE'd Allison's beautiful cards who have been greatly inspired by her endless creative talent. 

Thank you for stopping by and hope to see again soon, Cheers! :)













34 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so much effort went into it.
    Lovely Juan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen, I appreciate your lovely compliments. :)

      Delete
  2. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! Your techniques are just stunning! Love your work Juana they are just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carolina - you're making me blush. :)

      Delete
  3. STUNNING! Fabulous project, love everything about this project Juana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue, it's all thanks to Allison's fabulous card. :)

      Delete
  4. This card is breathtaking and sensational! But I've come to expect nothing less from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stephanie - you are the sweetest and appreciate your uplifting compliments. :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely bright card Juan...great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicki, Allison's gorgeous card was very inspirational. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela, I appreciate your lovely compliments. :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juan you never disappoint! Another STUNNING card. Of course I love everything about it, but if I had to choose one element that is a standout for me, it has to be the green watercolour shading around your images. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you so much Gail, you make me blush hehe. All props to Allison though, I couldn't have done it without her inspirational card to go by. That is my favourite colour too it's a turquoise colour (Bermuda Bay with SU). xo :)

      Delete
  9. Extremely pretty! Such detail in every corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosalie, being a flip card, front and back needed love and attention hehe. :)

      Delete
  10. This is a really beautiful card. I love the colour combination and the number of dimensions you've added to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Lisa for your lovely compliments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Your card is soooo beautiful! Great job of casing Alison's card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely Stunning Juana, you certainly haven't disappointed. Excellent work once again. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela, CASE-ing Allison's fabulous card helped. :)

      Delete
  14. Such an amazing card, Juan! The colors are amazing, and the finished, opened project is just breathtaking. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brian, I appreciate your lovely compliments. I just loved Allison's card and style and had an affinity with her use of watercolouring to draw inspiration from. :)

      Delete
  15. That card is a gift by itself, just gorgeous. The Bermuda Bay in the background is striking and your watercolor flowers are gorgeous. I love your card Juan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carole, I appreciate your lovely compliments. So happy to hear that as I wanted to emulate the beauty of Allison's gorgeous card it's beautifully packaged and handmade with love. :)

      Delete
  16. Hello Juana! I'm absolutely in AWE of your amazing watercolouring! I've totally fallen in love with your style and have now spent the better part of an hour looking at the projects on your blog. You are so incredibly talented. It's an honour that you've CASEd me. I bet I'll be CASEing you soon too! I just love your projects!
    xo Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison, Thank you so much for your lovely compliments. I have to bow to you as you're the master and trend setter, you lead a great example of creativity and beauty in all you do. It's an honour and pleasure to CASE you and I love your style as well. I'm a fan of yours now hehe and I'm blown away by your amzing talent, every project you have made is a masterpiece! Aww it's so sweet of you to say... that will be the day - in my wildest dreams hehe, it would be an honour for sure. Thank you so much for being such an inspiration and taking part in our blog hop. :) xo

      Delete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)