Saturday 6 February 2016

Global Design Project #21 - Color Challenge - Rose wonder - Truly wonderful!


It certainly is a challenge to just use these three colours to make a card but what a great way to start getting the creative juices flowing. For this colour challenge I wanted to feature the vibrant Stampin' Up! inks in watercolour effect using the white heat embossed resist technique. For  this, I have used watercolour paper and experimented with how the colours would react diluted with water and loved the subtle gradients that each colour made.




 For the white embossed ink resist technique I found that the Rose wonder was the perfect stamp set to use. The bold outlined rose was the perfect image to overlay on top of these colours and bring cohesion. The Rose wonder also comes with co-ordinating dies and this was another great way to add definition and that extra dimension with the die cut rose image.  Here are the results:



I was so happy with this result and it's simple and clean. For the sentiment I used the bold "hello" sentiment from Hello stamp set and applied it with white heat embossed look and worked like a treat! To add contrast I white heat embossed the "My friend" sentiment on basic black card stock die cut the pennant banner and raised it with foam dimensionals. The silver sequin was added for that extra bling factor! hehe. 


Here's the finised card - I have also carried the watercolour effect theme inside the card. It's a simple technique yet very effective and suits any stamped image. I highly recommend using the Rose Wonder bundle as it's a great set and has so many uses. If you order the Rose Wonder set from the Occassion Catalogue along with another item from the clearance rack or even card stock you will receive the Hello stamp set FREE from Sale-A-Bration brochure! The special is only available for a limited time so get your orders in now! If you need help ordering this lovely bundle or for any information about my card please send me message. Thanks. :)









The products I used: 


14 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous Juana! My favourite! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryll for your lovely compliments! Love your cards too! The GDP challenges are so much fun. :)

      Delete
  2. I adore your beautiful water colour creation Juaua!! These colours are beautiful behind the stark white rose images. I wish the Hello was carrying over for a while longer as it makes a great sentiment as you have shown here! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula for the lovely compliments! I wished there was a matching die for the hello sentiment so that it would have popped up and looked more prominent like the white roses and I would have interchanged them. It was a fun technique to explore in the end and thanks it's always a pleasure to play along and learn something new. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Denise for your lovely compliments. Truly appreciated. :)

      Delete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)