Hello and welcome to the September Creative Circle blog hop. Today we are showcasing an amazing 3D Upright Piano, that Liz Holloway our group leader has designed and created for us. Not only does it make a stunning 3D project but also a gorgeous centrepiece to place your handmade cards as well.
Liz has provided the template to create it and is designed to be used with an electronic cutter or manually cutting it which I have done. She also has wonderful video tutorial on how to assemble it which makes it a lot easier.
Here is my project combining the lovely Nature Sings set with the Swirly Snowflakes thinlits dies. The snowflake thinlits just steps up the design and makes an elegant set of cards and compliments the joyous sentiment "...And heaven and nature sings".
The project includes 4 handmade cards with matching envelopes.
Here is a closer look of the Upright Piano Nature Sings... in every angle.
Back of Upright Piano...
• Pool Party base cardstock for the whole project with Strathmore Bristol Smooth Watercolor Paper.
• Basic Black cardstock for the white heat embossed sentiment
• Watercoloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and Aqua Painter.
• Ink blended background in Pool Party Ink and added water droplets distress texture by dabbing it off to represent snowflakes.
• Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock or watercolor paper is perfect for this technique.
• Mini round foam ink blending applicator tool for ink blending
• Versafine Onyx black ink for the watercolor images
• Molotow masking fluid pen
• Silver Foil Sheet for the snowflakes/border
• Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
• Basic Rhinestone for the snowflake embellishments
• The Big Shot machine for die cutting and embossing - just can't live without hehe. :)
The individual pieces or layers to create the card...
Inside the card...
Having the Misti tool or a precision stamping tool is so beneficial to create multiple cards at once.
I hope you enjoyed and found inspiration. The 3D Upright Piano is a labour of love and all worth as it makes a stunning display decor that you can decorate with any theme that you desire. Make sure you continue to follow the blog hop list below for more amazing creations that you don't want to miss! Enjoy! Thank you so much for stopping by, 'til next time - Happy Crafting! :)