Thursday 20 July 2017

Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop - Caseing the Catalogue


Hello and welcome to the monthly Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop. You are currently visiting Juana Ambida from Australia. I hope you enjoy my card casing the beautiful new Catalogue.


The 'At Home With You' bundle is one of my personal favourites and it's on page 54 of the annual catalogue. Just love the versatility of this set and so much fun to use. I have made several cards already with this set and is also featured in this month's International Tutorial Bundle edition. The interactive door is a great feature in this set, youcan add a sentiment inside or a little critter popping out. Click here to see other examples made with this set. Purchasing the set as a bundle you save 10% and you will want to have the dies. 


I have literally CASE'd the gorgeous Christmas card on page 54, with a few modifications. This card sample is what sold me on this set. It just embodies a lovely Christmas card with a home feel. This set can also be used all year round which is so important to get the most use out it. 


The new 'embossing paste' and brick stencil from 'Party Pattern Decorative Masks' have been used along with the new 'Wood Texture Designer Series Paper Stack'. 

The images have been coloured in with copic markers and stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink. I find the alcohol based markers such a great way to colour in and copics blend so well. 

To add dimension to the images, I have used the fine tip glue pen to add glossy accents to the lamps and berries. Clear Wink of Stella glitter has been added onto the foliage for an extra shine.

The wreath above the door has been mounted with dimensioals. The images have been doubled up with an extra die cut and layered underneath to give it that extra raise and dimension.

There is also a gorgeous 'Boxwood wreath embellishment', that is used on the sample for a 3D look however, I have kept the layers and bulk down to go in the post. To give in person the 3D wreath would be an excellent embellishment to add. 



I'm so happy how it turned out and will surely be making more of these cards for Christmas. We can never start too early. I hope you have enjoyed and found inspiration and hope that you'll give this wonderful set a go. I can see this set make a great Halloween card too hehe. Make sure to follow the list below to see all the amazing creative inspirations from around the world Caseing the annual catalogue. You don't want to miss any!  

Thank you so much for stopping by, 'til next time - Happy Crafting! :) 




19 comments:

  1. This stamp set never inspired me Juana, until I saw you use it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your case of the catalogue Juana ... I've never seen a card I didn't love of yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Juana ... I can hear the Christmas Carols and happy laughter coming out from behind the open door. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done - I just want to open that door that looks so inviting with lovely warm light inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coloring, Juana! The subtle changes give a refreshing look. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your additions to the card, they look so *at home* & your colouring is perfect. Thank you for joining in with the July Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love the additions you have gone with, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Juana, I had never noticed in the sample that they had used the wood texture paper but yours really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful Christmas card BUT like you said it could be used for so many different occasions. Your colouring is so perfect <3 Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a divine creation, Juan. I love your take on the Catalogue version. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Juan.....your colouring and eye for detail never ceases to amaze me.....Beautiful work as always

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! :)
    I think I have to get that set out of my cupboard too!
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. I love this set too. TFS
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great CASE Juana. I have loved all that you have done with this bundle and this is no exception. You've convinced me I 'need' it now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great CASE! Love your colouring techinique! I like copic very much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Juana. Gorgeous colouring as usual. I love the the texture with the brick wall too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)