Saturday 1 July 2017

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge #07 - July 1st - Tropical Mermaid


Hello and welcome to A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge #07 - 1st July 2017. The theme is always "Anything Goes" and you can enter up to three projects to the gallery. Click here to join in the fun! 

Our sponsor this month is the lovely SparkleNSprinkleYou can find the fun images here.


I have chosen to use the gorgeous Tropical Mermaid image.
They were so much fun to colour in that I ended up creating three cards and used several colouring mediums.


I have played with both the portrait and landscape formats for best placement of the sentiments, and both work well. Card base colours used are from Stampin' Up! - Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay and Night of Navy. The choice of colours help coordinate and accentuate each mermaid colour scheme.

For the portrait card on the left I have used copic markers for the images and Prismacolor pencils for water and sandy background. Gamsol was used to get a smooth blending.


Both the landscape cards, I have used used Zig Clean Color brush markers on watercolor paper. These markers are so much fun to use and love how vibrant the colours are and so easy to blend out with an aqua painter.  


The scalloped borders used are the 'All Prettied Up' creative cuts from Mama Elephant. It has a lovely faux stitching adding such a great subtle finish. All the front panels have been mounted on fun foam to give an even raise.  Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins were added for some bling and add to the bubbles. I have also used a white gel pen for some added highlights and texture to the mermaid.


I hope you have enjoyed and found inspiration. Colouring is such a great therapy and this image was no exception to colour in. It's a great way to get out your supplies and practice whilst having fun! I can't wait to see what you create for the challenge. 

Thank you so much for stopping by, till next time, Happy Crafting! :) 



1 comment:

  1. WOW Juana! I am as always in awe of your colour use! These look throughly amazing Truly! I think the 'We mermeaid to be friends' is my fave I love a great play on words lol and that would be the only reason hahaha as they are all equally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)