Sunday 16 April 2017

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with special guest Billie Moan





Hello and welcome to another Crazy Crafters Blog Hop. You may have just come from the previous person or you may be starting here at my blog Juana Ambida. If you lose your way and get off track, there is a full list of this hop's participants at the bottom of this post. I hope as you hop around you find lots of ideas and inspiration for your projects.


Our special guest the for this hop is the wonderfully talented US demo Billie MoanAs part of the hop, we get to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) any cards/projects that has been created by Billie Moan. When you get a chance, take a look at her blog for some wonderful ideas. Love her work and especially love the B-ism on each post - great positive outlook. 



I have chosen to CASE her fabulous jeans pocket card below using the Nailed it set bundle.



I love the layout of Billie's card and is perfect for this new set that I won at Onstage, called Pocketful of Sunshine. The set has coordinating dies but will get them eventually. The images are quite easy to cut out and have made a shaker card for some fun and show the goodies inside the pocket.

I have used the Swirly Scribbles thinlits for the sun and makes a great alternative to the one in the set.  It really adds that whimsical feel and a great way to make the most of the dies.



Below is the side view of the card, showing the layers and how the pocket window has been constructed. Foam adhesive strips are perfect for creating shaker windows on cards.



I have white heat embossed the sentiment and stitched pocket image on heat resistant acetate. Just need to take care when stamping on acetate as it can get slippery, as I have found out when stamping the smaller portion of the sentiment, "Pocketful of" doesn't turn out too well. To rectify this, I have white heat embossed it on black cardstock and mounted it over the top covering up the little mishap hehe and looks so much better don't you think? 

The patterned paper is from Party Animal designer series paper and is sadly retiring so best to make the most it - waste not, want not right? The shade and pattern (Pacific Point) just goes so well with this shirt front that I was aiming for. 



The sunglasses has been coloured in with copic markers using an ombre look with orange and adds a warm glow to the card. Colours are YR65 and YR68. Clear Wink of Stella has been applied over the top for added shimmer.



Metallic sequins used for the shaker goodies and a small silver enamel dot, great for covering up the the not so well stamped smaller images hehe. I previously white heat embossed the small button from the set but once again proved hard to get a good impression on acetate. The enamel dot looks more effective in the end. 

The cute stitched trim makes a great scalloped border to dress up the inside of the card and have added the sunglasses to tie it to the front. The little stamped sequins images are from the set and makes a great decorative addition. 



I hope you have enjoyed and found inspiration. It was so much making fun this card and thanks to Billie for the inspiration. The Pocketful of Sunshine is a fun set and is very versatile.

Make sure you continue to hop all the way around and see all the amazing inspiration from the Crazy Crafters team. You are going to love what our team have come up with using Billie's cards. Currently you are at my blog - Juana Ambida - so check the list to see who is up next. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to see you next time. Happy Crafting! :) 


14 comments:

  1. Juana...you have done it again!!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and I NEED this set now.
    You have this ability to just sell me on so many stamps that otherwise wouldn't be on my wish list. LOVE LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love!!! so lucky if you to win this set

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Juana...I can't wait to play with that set. Your card is perfect for male/female and any age which makes it a winner in my book. Thanks for visiting my blog...B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Juana. I won this set at OnStage as well and love it. Can't wait to order the matching framelits. Looking forward to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome care, Juana - you really do have a pocketful of sunshine! There's so much inspiration in your post - I love that you've used the pocket stamp to create a scalloped border and the way you've turned imperfections into design strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Swirly Scribble for your sunshine! What a fun idea! Was great to see you again at OnStage, too. Sorry we didn't get more of a catch up xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ...I am yet to actually get any of these fab sets I have seen this hop...BUT I now have two on my NEED list, thank you Juana xx Love your card and the colours too. Another amazing project from an amazingly talented person xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.frSunday 16 April 2017 at 17:26:00 GMT+10

    LOVED IT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)